VolunteerAt Otyokwah Camp and Retreat Center, we have a variety of service opportunities where you can help enhance our ministry and make a difference for the Kingdom.
Each summer we rely on quality volunteers to fill a variety of positions to make our overnight/residential summer camp programs a success. If you feel the Lord may be calling you to serve at Camp Otyokwah this summer, check out the positions below and check with the Dean for the week of summer camp you are interested in to find out what positions need filled (See Summer Camp Rates & Dates). Also read volunteer positions and age requirements in the section below.
Application Procedures – Note: Paperwork due by May 1
- Application Form: Apply Online and include three reference names and email addresses – they will be sent a specific link to fill out an online reference form just for you.
Or download a Summer Volunteer Staff Application – fill it out and submit it via mail or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, download the Confidential Reference Form and have three references fill it out, and submit it via mail or email to email@example.com.
References need to be non-family members. Only one reference can be another person serving during your week of camp. It is your responsiblity to follow up with your reference people to make sure they are completing the reference form for you.
- Sexual Abuse Awareness Training: When we receive your application, we will email a link to you through MinistrySafe to complete your online Sexual Abuse Awareness Training which must be done bi-annually.
- Background Check Release Form:Background Check
Or download the PDF release form, fill it out and submit it via mail or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Medical Form: Download and print the 2016 Volunteer Medical Form, fill it out, sign it and submit it via mail or email to email@example.com.
If you have questions, feel free to call us at 419-883-3854. We would love to hear from you!
We are currently taking applications for the following volunteer summer camp staff positions. Position descriptions are available upon request.
- Assistant Dean
- Counselor – For Adventure week, counselors must be at least 20 years old; for Pathfinders, Discovery, & Pioneer weeks, counselors must be 18 years old.
- Counselor in Training – All CIT’s must be at least 16 years old.
- Vespers Leader
There are many ways you can put your God-given talents to work at camp.
A few ways you can help include: mailings, cleaning, construction, painting & general upkeep, cutting/stacking firewood, clearing trails, and removing leaves.
Can you or your group volunteer a few hours, a day, or a week?
Give us a call at 419-883-3854 and we will let you know what about our latest service needs.